Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immerse into a totally new Harvest Moon town and build your own life

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When the Bird sings. -- Performances

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdie

Birdie

House : Summer Breeze Inn
Job : Performing her music

When the Bird sings. -- Performances Empty
PostSubject: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:04

It was a sunny spring day, perfect for singing. Birdie had left to go perform. She wasn't really too concerned about making too much money yet, she knew it would have to be a priority but she felt that she would just enjoy herself and get used to this new town. *Twilight Town...could you be my new home?* She walked over to a bed of flowers and sat down upon it. She ran her hand gently over a few of the flower petals before leaning down and pulling out a small harp from her bag.

She strummed the the string of the harp to make sure that it was in tune. She smiled when each note floated through the air like magic. Closing her eyes she just played a few wordless songs so that she could warm up her fingers. She played simple tunes at first, then moved on to more in depth ones that soothed the soul.
*What should I sing? I haven't really been able to perform in forever.* She kept her eyes closed as she contemplating on which song to sing, her hands still strumming the harp with out her having to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

House : Hérard Farm
Job : Farmer

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:17

Dougy had just found Twilight Town. At first, he wasn't too exited to live on his late uncle's farm, mainly because it was in the middle of nowhere and that the nearest town was 5 km away ! But when he heard that a new town was built all around it, he was really happy. Finally, his uncle's farm wasn't going to waste !
Even if he lazy, Dougy always wanted to have a free job that he could do whenever he wanted to. Yes, he had to feed the animals each day, but he could goof around with them, taking a sun bath.....

*What a beautiful afternoon !*
A sun bath, that's the main reason he came to the Square; he wanted to benefit of the sun's warm light.
Dougy was precisely sit on a bench near the fountain. He closed his eye and listen to the water's lapping, when a melodious sound came to his ear. He opened his eyes and rose from his bench. He slowly followed the song, which bring him near a girl. She was playing harp. Her glowing hair were gently floating because of the little wind that rose up.

- Hey there ! I though i was the only one in this town, but I see that other people came too !
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:25

Birdie still had her eyes closed when a soft breeze blew through the town. She took a deep breath in, she loved how fresh the air was here. Her thoughts were broken when she heard the sound of a voice. She opened her eyes and stopped playing the harp. Her purple eyes flew to a boy who was sitting near the foutain. She blinked briefly before asking herself. *Why didn't I see him there?* Though she didn't dwell upon those thoughts too long. She smiled softly before replying.

"Hello sir." Her voice was soft but she made sure that she was speaking loud enough to be heard. "I thought the very same thing. I'm glad that I've finally run into somebody. My name is Birdie. What is your name?" She asked as she held on to her harp.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:33

Dougy started to laugh. Maybe a bit too loud.

- Me ? A « sir »...?
Well, you can call me Dougy, it's enough !

He had a big smile on it's face and was looking at Birdie with his child eyes.

- You play very well...lucky you ! I really wanted to learn how to play a musical instruments, younger....but well, I have long given up this idea....Pas très brillante, comme idée !

Dougy said his last sentence in french. He is in fact half french, and he learned how to talk in French at a young age, thanks to his mother. He was really proud of it, and always used this language in his discussion with everyone. By seeing Birdie's expression, he knew that she didn't understand a thing he said, and that made him laugh. Loud. Again.
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 18:42

She had a puzzled look upon her face for a while but she just smiled at him. She wasn't one to generally show her confusion, no matter how frequently she suffered it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Dougy." She was a bit surprised to be complimented on her playing so early. The compliment brought a faint pink tint to her cheeks. She wasn't used to getting many compliments.

She heard the second half of the sentence and frowned.
"Why did you give up the idea? I believe one should follow their dreams, which is why I'm here." She let out a melodic laugh at herself. She was crazy to have left her home so early. That way she could have left with more money saved up. Once she stopped laughing she tilted her head. "What does that phrase mean?"
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:06

Dougy found that the pink fits really well Birdie's light skin. He smiled, and when she said that dreams were important, he answered :

- Well I know, that's the reason why I'm here, too. You know, the farm to the northern part of the town ? Well, I run it. And I'm definitely going to be a great farmer !

It wasn't really his type to show off, but he was certain that he would do a great farmer. It couldn't be so hard to take care of few vegetables and animals....

- It meant it wasn't a so good idea...Well anyway, it's suits you better then me ! So, is musician your career ?
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:22

Birdie was very surprised that Dougy ran the farm that was on the northern part of town. All the farms in the town looked run down. Though she was inspired by his spirit to work on the farm. " I'm glad you're so optimistic about it. You should allow me to visit the farm sometime."

She smiled at him. She would love to see his farm up close. She had only saw it as she was passing by on her way to the square. She giggled softly when she heard his words. "In a way. I'm a singer but I've been playing the harp since I was little. My family has always been in the performing trades. Some singers, some musicians. I happen to have both abilities and combining them allows my voice to travel better." She stopped talking and looked down at the harp flustered. It wasn't like her to be so talkative.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:38

- That would be really great ! Well, even if the buildings are in cradles and there's a ton of wild grass....Well, you know....the typical farm environment !

Dougy scrape his head and think while listening to her.

- Well, that's really cool for you....I mean, always with interesting people, from your own family !

She was pretty interesting, and her live looked more funny then his ! He only had to share everyone with his every single brothers or sisters. Sometimes lives was really stressing, one of his big brother being really sarcastic and malicious....
*Well, anyway, i think he loved me....in his own way.....* Err

He stopped thinking for a second and saw that Birdie was looking at him with her purple eyes.

- Ehh....what? he said, with his big smile.
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:44

She listened to him talk about the farm and chuckled into the back of her hand before looking up at him again. She really would like to visit the farm, it sounded interesting. When she heard him mention her family her smile became a smaller one, but it still showed the affection she held for her family. "They're very interesting people. My mother didn't really want me to leave but my father encouraged me to get out and see the world. My travels have brought me here to Twilight Town."

She looked around the area then back to the boy, She saw he was distracted and deep in thought. She kept quite while she watched him but then his eyes flew to hers. "It's nothing. You just seemed deep in thought. What were you thinking about Dougy?"
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:54

- Hmm....just of my big brother....He was pretty annoying, but I miss him a bit, and other brother and sister, too......
Yeah, because we are a lot......9 in total !

Dougy smiled and closed his eyes, feeling the sun's light on his skin.

- So, you traveled a lot ? Seen a lot of place ?
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 19:59

Her face went to that of a surprised one. She didn't think that someone would have so many siblings. She only had a younger brother whom she adored very much. He was who she missed most. She listened to his question and plucked a few of the harp's strings in the process.

"I've traveled for years... but this place is the most comfortable I've found so far." She was silent for a moment as she plucked a few more of the strings. "Do you have any songs you like Dougy? I could try to perform it for you...If I know it." She loved to perform and was basically asking if he would like her to perform for him.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 20:17

Dougy was pretty impressed, cause he never really traveled, except to come here, in the town.

- Well, I hope you'll stay here !

When she asked her to find a music he would like to hear, he started to think a bit.....Hmm.....which music.....
And then, it came quickly in his mind.

- Oh, I know ! Quiet Winter, you know it ? It's so beautiful....

His mother always hummed this song for him when he was younger. He love it so much !

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 20:24

Birdie smiled thoughtfully at him when she heard his exclamation. " I hope to be able to stay here. I've grown fond of this place even for the few days I've been here."

She heard the song name name. It sounded familiar, her father had told her that there were a lot of songs that people knew and were familiar with. This song was one of them. It took her amoment to figure out the but when she did she looked up at Dougy and smiled. "I didn't think too many people knew that song. It was one of my mother's favorites."

Even though it was a song without words, she didn't mind playing it. She positioned her harp the proper way before strumming a few of the strings slowly. She went for the main chorus of the song. It would've sounded better if she had someone to be the beat or bass of the song. She just hoped that this would be good enough.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 20:37

- That's really cool !

Dougy saw Birdie changing her position and putting her fingers an other way on the harp. He was curious to see her play with the harp, since it was the first time he saw one. He was impressed by the way this simple instrument could do that great sound. The music fitted so well with the quiet square, with it's beautiful flowers who balanced on wind's will.

-Wow.....you're so good at playing....when this place will become populous, people will fight to have you sing or play at their place ! I'm sure of this. Happy

The farmer was hoping villager come quickly, so this place could become inhabited....
*It would be so fun !*
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 20:51

She played the song in silence, letting herself be lead by the music. Once the song stopped she heard the sound of her new friend. " I'm glad you like it Dougy." She laid the harp back down upon her lap as she looked at him, her spirits lifting from being able ot play.

"hehe." Birdie giggled softly. "I doubt that but I'm glad you think so. It makes me happy when people enjoy my music." She ran her finger down the side of the harp slowly after she finished speaking. She looked around town. It was too quiet for her, she liked busy towns. " I can't wait for more people to arrive. It's almost lonely with a town this empty."
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 20:55

- Yeah....when it's too quiet, it make me.....sick.

Dougy let his body fill on the floor and put his arms under his head. He looked far away in the sky while Birdie was talking.

- But don't worry....the town just get build, but I'm sure people will come....I mean, it's a pretty town and all, and the people in it aren't so bad....he said.

He looked at Birdie for a second and started laughing.
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 21:01

Birdie watched the boy allow himself to fall to the floor. She smiled at him, she liked his carefree personality. When she heard his words she laughed with him. "I agree the people in it are alright by me."

She smiled by him and slid her harp into her bag. That was enough playing for the time being. "Would you mind if we head over to your farm? I'd love to see it."
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 21:09

- Hmm...Great Idea ! I could show you my plantation of wild grass....there is one that's so cool, I love it ! He's big and so green ! Very Happy

Dougy waked up and remove the dust that were on his clothes, he adjusted his vest and tend his hand to Birdie who was still sit on the floor.

- Need some help...? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdie

Birdie

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 21:13

She couldn't help but laugh at his description of the farm. She knew it probably wasn't very nice to laugh but she just found that absolutely hilarious. She blinked when a shadow blocked the warm sun from radiating on her skin. She looked up and saw a hand being offered to her. She smiled and took it, standing up slowly and placing her bag over her shoulder.

"Thank you Dougy. You're very thoughtful. Now lets go see the wild grass." She couldn't help but giggle again. She was glad that the first person she became friends with was one that could make her laugh.
Back to top Go down
Dougy

Dougy

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 21:19

Dougy curtsey and show the way to his farm with his hand.

- Let's go, milady, to my « palace ». I hope you'll be pleased, you will get the chance to see the royal garden with his magnificent flora.

He smiled at her and showed her the way to his farm. At this end of afternoon, Dougy had made a first friend, and was really happy. While walking with Birdie, he though that he made the good choice in coming in this beautiful town. He knew that he wasn't going to be disappointed.

Ze End
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Bird sings. -- Performances   When the Bird sings. -- Performances I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Bird sings. -- Performances
Page 1 of 1